One of the most important reasons that families choose a Beech Hill School education is its steadfast commitment to providing a rigorous and diverse education within the class day; from 8:30 – 3:00. As such, we have developed a uniquely rich class schedule and curriculum. At BHS, we define "rigor" in the following ways:
- Rigor means gauging each student’s progress and asking if it is in keeping with his/her ability.
- Rigor means emphasizing depth over breadth and focusing on skill development rather than content memorization.
- Rigor means high expectations of work quality and effort.
- Rigor means challenging students to make connections and think more broadly, guiding them to more abstract thought.
- Rigor means students who are actively engaged and developing their own ability to self-assess.
- Rigor means the integration of curriculum across disciplines and the opportunity to explore new and exciting courses through an extensive elective program.